There are certain deities that rule over the computer world, and some of
the most important of these are the demo gods. If you ever have to give
a demo in front of people, you will pay obesiance to them, for they rule
your life. Some of their rules:
- Thou shalt do something at least thrice before showing it to anyone
else, upon pain of embarrassment.
- Thou shalt have a script. If thou doest not, then thou shalt forget
critical steps and important words.
- Thou shalt not deviate from the path of the demo during the demo,
upon pain of embarrassment.
- The chance of thou being humbled and laid low shall be inversely
related to the number of mortals watching.
- Thou shalt not switch machines at the last minute. If thouest does
so, then thou will shall find critical drivers or modules or DLLs or
data files missing.
- Thou shalt make sure that everything is present on thy disk while
thou has a fast link, or the gods shall reveal thy folly when thou
art on an airplane or at a hotel where the fastest link is 9.6k.
- Hubris is offensive to the demo gods. If thou art proud, thou shalt
be laid low.
There are others, but that pretty much is the flavor.
Comments are moderated whenever I remember that I have a blog.
There are no comments on this article.